Convoy of Hope Europe’s Adopt a Community project in Albania continues to progress ahead of schedule! The initial plan to meet certain criteria within three years has accelerated beyond our expectations.
Calvary Assembly, Toledo, Ohio recently sent a team to Albania to work with the Convoy of Hope Europe team. It was an incredible experience to see 52 children going to school for the first time. Their ages range from 6 to 11 and they walked in wearing their new clothes, shoes, backpacks and school supplies.
During the two weeks the team was there, several projects were completed.
- A new roof was installed.
- The outside of the building where the 22 families live was painted.
- Swing sets and monkey bars were installed for the children.
- New clothes lines were installed for the ladies.
- Bashkim, the community leader and his family are now in their home, which was renovated by the team from Ohio.
- A community room for children and adults was completed.
- Men’s and women’s support groups now meet on a regular basis.
Based on what has currently been accomplished the Convoy team believes that they are one year ahead of schedule for the community revitalization in Grumbullimi, Albania.