Code of Conduct
Convoy of Hope Europe (COHEU) has adapted the Code of Conduct of the The International Red Cross, Red Crescent Movement and NGOs in Disaster Relief. As COHEU we have committed ourselves to the following buy azulfidine side in times of emergency aid and relief:
- The humanitarian imperative comes first.
- Aid is given regardless of the race, creed or nationality of the recipients and without adverse distinction of any kind. Aid priorities are calculated on the basis of need alone.
- Aid will not be used to further a particular political or religious standpoint.
- We shall endeavour not to act as instruments of government foreign policy.
- We shall respect culture and custom.
- We shall attempt to build disaster response on local capacities.
- Ways shall be found to involve program beneficiaries in the management of relief aid.
- Relief aid must strive to reduce future vulnerabilities to disaster as well as meeting basic needs.
- We hold ourselves accountable to both those we seek to assist and those from whom we accept resources.
- In our information, publicity and advertising activities, we shall recognize disaster victims as dignified human beings, not hopeless objects.
For more on the Code of Conduct go to the website of the IRFC.